FAQs: Resident & Parent/Guarantor Information
Where is the leasing office?
- Visit us at 202 Onley Rd, Salisbury, MD, 21804
Have renovations started?
- Renovations began in early 2019, with all new 1, 2 and 4 bedrooms available for summer move-in. Our beautiful clubhouse renovations are complete and the addition of some large-scale, outdoor amenity spaces are underway!
Are you pet-friendly?
- The Flatts Salisbury is pet-friendly. Please call our office for associated fees and policy.
What floor plans do you have?
- The Flatts Salisbury has a variety of floor plan styles including 1, 2, and 4 bedroom apartments. View our Floor Plans from the left-hand menu.
What if I do not have roommates in mind?
- That’s no problem at all! We can assist with roommate matching.
Are utilities included?
- Every resident is provided a $30 monthly allowance towards gas and electric. If an overage occurs, residents will be billed back directly. Electric/gas will be billed back through a 3rd party vendor for use over allowance beginning 2020/2021 leases.
- Don’t forget rent also includes newly upgraded high-speed internet and premium cable.
What is an individual lease?
- When you sign an individual lease, you are only responsible for your rent; in other words, you have no liability for the rent of the other apartment residents. If your roommate transfers or graduates, you have nothing to worry about! That is a significant advantage over the joint and several leases used at rental houses and other apartment properties where each resident is liable for the rent of all residents in the unit.
What are your lease terms?
- The Flatts Salisbury offers 12 month installment leases.
Do you offer early move-in options?
- We are now offering May move-in options for 2020. Contact us about early move-in specials and free rent!
Do you offer short-term or semester leases?
- We typically do not sign leases less than 12 months, but call our office to ask if we have any specials.
Is The Flatts Salisbury furnished?
- Yes, each apartment comes fully furnished!
Is there on-site parking?
- Community parking is available along with free shuttle service.
Do I need a lease guarantor?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor or additional security deposit on all leases. The security deposit varies by floor plan. You can ask a leasing specialist by calling our office today!
Is Renter's Insurance Required?
- Yes, our community requires each resident carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage and also recommend contents coverage, or personal property insurance.