FAQs: Resident & Parent/Guarantor Information
Where is the leasing office?
- Visit us at 202 Onley Rd, Salisbury, MD, 21804
When will renovations start?
- Our full scale renovation of The Flatts Salisbury will begin in early 2019 with all new 1, 2 and 4 bedrooms ready for summer move-in.
Are you pet-friendly?
- The Flatts Salisbury is pet-friendly. Please call our office for associated fees and policy.
What floor plans do you have?
- The Flatts Salisbury has a variety of floor plan styles including 1, 2, and 4 bedroom apartments. View our Floor Plans from the left-hand menu.
What if I do not have roommates in mind?
- That’s no problem at all! We can assist with roommate matching.
What is an individual lease?
- When you sign an individual lease, you are only responsible for your rent; in other words, you have no liability for the rent of the other apartment residents. If your roommate transfers or graduates, you have nothing to worry about! That is a significant advantage over the joint and several leases used at rental houses and other apartment properties where each resident is liable for the rent of all residents in the unit.
What are your lease terms?
- The Flatts Salisbury offers 12 month installment leases.
Do you offer short-term or semester leases?
- We typically do not sign leases less than 12 months, but call our office to ask if we have any specials.
Is The Flatts Salisbury furnished?
- Yes, each apartment comes fully furnished!
Is there on-site parking?
- Community parking is available along with free shuttle service.
Do I need a lease guarantor?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor or additional security deposit on all leases. The security deposit varies by floor plan. You can ask a leasing specialist by calling our office today!
Is Renter's Insurance Required?
- Yes, our community requires each resident carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage and also recommend contents coverage, or personal property insurance. To facilitate this process for you, we have partnered with a national insurance provider who specializes in renters insurance coverage - ePremium Insurance. ePremium has made their ePremiumRENTERS™ plan available to all residents at a preferred rate, which not only satisfies the lease requirement, but also includes contents coverage.
- To obtain a policy with ePremium, you can complete the process online or over the phone in less than 5 minutes! Enroll in ePremium Renters Insurance Online or call (800) 319-1390.
- Please note that you are under no obligation to enroll in coverage with ePremium. You may satisfy the lease requirement by obtaining a personal renters insurance or liability insurance policy of your choice and providing proof of coverage for the duration of your lease.
- To submit proof of liability insurance from another provider, please click here to provide the requested policy information and to upload a copy of your Declaration Page.